Tuesday, June 7, 2011

10 Miles

On Sunday, I'm running a 10-mile race.

I have my husband, the runner, to thank for this. Every time he runs in a long race, he finishes and I say something like, "Good job babe! I'm going to have to do that sometime. It looks fun." That was really just a conversation starter but, turns out, Michael took it to heart.


Us right after Michael's first marathon. I ran a 10k. 

He surprised me before my birthday by giving me an early gift, which was registration in the Garden of the Gods 10-miler.

I had six weeks to train. So, here I am, days away from the race and I'm a tad nervous. See, training for six weeks to run the longest distance you ever have has proved to be a little difficult.

I ran 8.75 miles last weekend so I'm hoping for the best come Sunday. Finishing is definitely my goal this time around. Fingers crossed!


This is Michael at last year's Garden of the Gods run. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Have a lovely day.