Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Vitamins

I don't exactly know why I'm blogging about this, except that it's funny to me. I can't take vitamins. No one believes me, but it's true. They make me sick. Ask my roommates from college or my mom or my husband.

They think I make myself sick or something, which is just ridiculous. Vitamins make me throw up. I get hot and nauseous, and that's just a terrible way to start the day.

And don't start recommending brands to me or something like that. I've tried them all! So, my hubs seemed to think I needed to take some vitamins. I'm not really much of a milk drinker -- at all --so I need a little help keeping my bones strong or something, but multi-vitamins are my enemy.

Then, I started reading people's blogs that said prenatal vitamins made them sick and they had to start taking Flintstone vitamins. And that made me smile because Flintstone vitamins are awesome and fun and not gross. I mean, if pregnant women can substitue prenatal stuff with Flintstones then surely they were good enough for me.

I am now happily taking my vitamins every morning, and I have yet to feel like I'm going to loose my cookies. So, if anyone needs some vitamins in their life but doesn't really want to go with anything hard core, i.e. One a Day Women's or something crazy like that, then I highly suggest going back to your roots and taking some Flintstones. I feel stronger every day.  

2 comments:

kelsey said...

This is not my Nikki! The Nikki I knew would scream and gag and cry at the mention of vitamins! So proud of you and your Flintstones!

Siarah said...

Nik, I recently started taking one a day womens, and got sick every time I took one. Didn't matter if I ate, didn't eat, whatever. So sick!!! I guess we have one more thing in common!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Have a lovely day.