Sunday, October 3, 2010

Who I Am

"I have never seen this place before, but everything I learn of it tells me who I am." - Wallace Stegner.

One of my professor's shared this quote with my class a few weeks ago and it really stuck with me. I think it's so simple but so powerful.

Immediately when I heard it I saw myself in Africa. When I went there in 2006, I had absolutely no idea what to expect. I thought I did, but I quickly discovered that I had a lot to learn.

But, more importantly, there was an indescribable feeling involved that not only changed my life for the better but also taught me who I wanted to be.


I hope to have more experiences that teach me who I am.

2 comments:

Siarah said...

If I had to tell you in one word who you are it would go something like this: Giver

Nikki said...

Well, you just made my day. And you are: a light. That's it, just a light in everyone's lives you know.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Have a lovely day.