Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 Resolutions

I'm not  normally a big fan of New Year's resolutions. I don't love the idea of people setting unrealistic goals for themselves once a year. We should be striving for great things all year long, not just when it's convenient.

But, that being said, I do like the idea of creating a list of goals -- both big and small -- that I can strive to achieve in 2011. When I started thinking about what my list should include, I just couldn't narrow it down so I decided to put my goals into categories. Hopefully, when I look back at this list at the end of the year I will be happy with what I've accomplished.

Emotional:
  • Be genuine. (This will be difficult to measure but it really is my ultimate goal for 2011.)
  • Appreciate my husband every day.
  • Do random acts of kindness often.
Physical:
  • Run a half marathon.
  • Compete in my first cycling race.
  • Lose 5-7 pounds.
Spiritual:
  • Join a small group.
  • Read the bible every day -- even if it's just one verse.
  • Trust in Him.
Random:
  • Blog more often. :)
  • Take pictures to document this crazy journey.
  • Do my best in graduate school and commit the necessary time to do so.
  • Send more handwritten notes.
  • Think of my job as a service opportunity. Then, it won't be work but a passion for helping others better their lives.
Happy New Year, everyone! May your year be filled with joy and unexpected fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Have a lovely day.