Sunday, May 16, 2010

Quarter of a Century!

Well, I'm officially 25. Today was my bday and the whole weekend has been fabulous.

Saturday, Michael and I watched Robin Hood then had an awesome dinner at a local Japanese steakhouse. It was super fun and delicious.

After dinner we went to Coldstone to get a birthday cake. Yum! I picked out a red velvet confetti cake with cake batter ice cream and frosting. Holy cow it was beautiful!

Then, something happened that triggered my quarter life crisis. I've been preparing for it. Michael bought me a package of candles for my cake and guess how many were in there? Exactly 24. No joke. I'm now officially old enough to need TWO packs of bday candles. Darn it.

It's not that bad I guess but I definitely don't see any need for birthdays from here on out. 25 seems just about perfect to me. I think I'll stay here for awhile.

Today we met some amazing friends for breakfast downtown. One of my favorite places for sure. Then Michael and I headed to Denver for a Rockies baseball game. And it was a perfect day! Beautiful and sunny and warm and wonderful. I loved it.

All in all, 25's been pretty great so far.I can't wait to see what this year has in store!

1 comments:

Siarah said...

I feel very 17. I think it was my favorite age and I just stuck with it! Love you Nik, glad you had a good one!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Have a lovely day.