Thursday, November 11, 2010

Snow

Well, it's November and up until this week we haven't had snow yet in Colorado. I've only lived here through one winter but even I know that's pretty crazy. Last year, it snowed the first week of October. I was SO excited about it, and I'm ready for it this year big time! On Tuesday evening I got my wish. I came out of my house to head to class and it was snowing. So beautiful and fun, especially for this Oklahoma girl. It didn't last long and was gone the next day but it was still great. Here are two pictures (terrible because they're from my phone) at our house. One was taken about a month ago and the other on Tuesday. It's crazy how quickly things can change!



So, in honor of the first snow I am officially counting down the days until Christmas, my absolute favorite time of the year. It's only 44 days away! I'm not just a normal lover of Christmas, I'm over the top and one hundred percent in love with it.

Here are a few of the reasons why:
1. Because it's the celebration of my Savior's birth.
2. Because buying gifts for people is my favorite thing to do.
3. Because being with family brightens my days.
4. Because Christmas decorations -- trees and stockings and lights make everyone's home a little warmer.
5. Because it's a time when people come together and cherish the relationships that matter most in their lives. And hopefully a time when we all give back a little to those who aren't as fortunate as we are.

This is my little family from our first Christmas together last year. We celebrated in Colorado with my family and it was wonderful. This time around we have an addition to our family (Paisley Ann) and so much to be thankful for!


Hope everyone is getting in the holiday spirit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Have a lovely day.